Cut/Boost of Shelving Filter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackfield

Hello everybody

This circuit is a high shelfing-Filter. I do have trouble calculating the maximum cut / boost. I know that the devider (R3 and R4) sets the maximum cut and boost but how do I calculate it exactly, with the given resistor values? Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-12 um 17.34.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-12 um 17.34.53.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 77
@moapms:

With this equation, I get the max. cut of -16.8dB. I know that the max. Boost is the same, with +16dB. But the equation for the max. boost must be slightly different?! Do you know this equation as well?

blackfield said:
Hello everybody

This circuit is a high shelfing-Filter. I do have trouble calculating the maximum cut / boost. I know that the devider (R3 and R4) sets the maximum cut and boost but how do I calculate it exactly, with the given resistor values? Thanks for your help!
Note that, according to the mathematical analysis, the max boost/cut will never be achieved because it is an asymptotic response, that can be reached only at a virtual infinite frequency. In reality, the finite gain of the opamps will define the actual response.
I would suggest you simulate the circuit in LTspice (a free software by Linear Technology), so you will see practical results and how components interact with the actual response.

Latest posts

Back