Allen and Heath Mix Wizard 12M pre/post send solder pad labels

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, everyone,

I have a Mix Wizard 12M that I using as a basis for a studio cue system. The manual shows which solder pads on the channel cards to connect to change aux 5-12 between pre and post send, however the schematic labels in the manual don't seem to correspond to the actual channel PCB silkscreen. Before I do some good old fashioned trial and error, I was wondering if someone here has indeed changed the aux send pick off points and which solder pads are to be changed.

I did email Allen and Heath a while back but I have not heard anything yet.

Thanks!

Paul

I went ahead opened it up. As I suspected, the lettering on the cards did not match the schematic in the manual. Looking at the solder traces it was easy to figure out the ones I needed to change. The schematic also shows jumper setting for the direct outs, which are not on this desk. I was impressed at how much they crammed in such a small space. The solder pad design was a pretty smart way to get around the need for headers and jumpers.

Thanks!

Paul

The four solder pads on the left are the ones of interest. From left to right, 1 and 2 are pre/post for Aux11&12 and 3 and 4 are for Aux 5-10. The foremost card has the correct solder pads connected for prefade sends.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Back