Samar Cadioid LD Capsule Guitar Samples

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RPC360 thanks for including this paper. Great reading.  Schoeps has generated a lot of data in this field as all their capsules are single diaphram.

RPC360 said:
Shure uses a passive rear diaphragm to tailor the proximity effect on several of their cardioid microphones (KSM8, KSM9, KSM42). They have a paper about it at  http://www.shure.com/publications/us_pro_dual_diaphragm_paper_ea.pdf. Dr. Fouxman seems to have accomplished something similar with his "frequency dependent screen." (I don't care how many equations you use, transducer design is still black magic in my book!)

Thanks for the link, it's amazing read. 

I got a sample of the Samar capsule with the 49c-type circuit on cajon that I still need to upload. To me, it sounds a little boxy; because it is! Low-end as tight as can be!

By the way, in this studio, with the Tannoy soffited mains on (as opposed to the nearfields), I again got major low-end feedback with the mains louder than “low”; just as I did on the ATC mains in the studio I usually work out of.

Also going finally get vocals on both the 49c-type and 37a-type next Sunday; if all goes as planned!

Great paper in the link there. 

I'm liking what the manufactured Samar / Omni8 TF08 delivers in my tests so far. 

Hi Folks,

We finally decided to offer those capsules to DIY community. I wrote to Ethan and will post it in White Market once hear back from him. In the meanwhile, here is direct link to our website where you can purchase it:

http://samaraudiodesign.com/capsule/

Feel free to ask any questions.

Best, M

Thank you for your interest and support! We got a few messages regarding International orders limited to buying items only in single quantities. We are working on updating the system, so you will be able to buy items in multiple quantities.

I will let you know once it is ready to go.

Best, M

Marik said:
Thank you for your interest and support! We got a few messages regarding International orders limited to buying items only in single quantities. We are working on updating the system, so you will be able to buy items in multiple quantities.

I will let you know once it is ready to go.

Best, M

Fixed

A quick update:

Thank you all for your support and patience! As it usually happens, the new products take more time than we initially think it would. We are trying to make the very best product we possibly can and were testing new very low moisture absorption materials to significantly improve capsule's immunity to the moisture. We tried quite a few materials and were already very close to the final assembly and starting sending the capsules out. Unfortunately, completely unexpectedly I had to make the last minute overseas trip until second week of August. We will start sending the capsules right after my coming back.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Best, M

Latest posts

Back