Winter NAMM January 2019

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> Any way for a average joe to get in?

I asked Google for "Winter NAMM". Few clicks later:
https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2019/attend
"Representatives from organizations that do not qualify for NAMM membership may register for a General Attendee badge ... ... .... General Attendee badges cost between $35 and $150, depending on qualified role within the industry."

You can be a gear buyer, a student, a house of worship.... surely if you are interested they can find a way to take your money. I did not go deep enough to know where the price may fall.

Phrazemaster said:
I’d love to go to a namm show sometime. I’m not a vendor but I live 30 mins from Anaheim.

Any way for a average joe to get in?

Mike

if you can get a booth to give you a pass you can go for free.  each booth gets x amount of badges they hand out.  but better hurry deadline is end of the month for free badges.

If you have a relationship with any member companies that is probably the easiest way to get a free badge.

But you can also buy a pass, directly,  or through various affiliate organizations.  It's $25 through AES.

But as pucho said,  do it soon,  or you will have to pay a lot more.

Received, and I'm registered! Many thanks!!! I'll see you there!!!!

Also are any other GDIY folks going to be there; if so it would be nice to get a list of booth/stall numbers so we can all meet!

Best,

Mike

I will be there from thurs-sunday.  luckily I am not working a booth this year so I can watch the crazy and hit up vendors for parts.

I am planning an evening out if anyone wants to do dinner. The plan is hectors on Broadway in Santa Ana which is the next town over. It's away from NAMM so easy to get seats. It is mariscos which is mexican sea food. They do standard mexican  fair as well.  Thinking friday night... But as always that is subject to change.

What a show. I didn't run into anyone I made plans with and ran into a lot of others I didn't. While all was good. There are some promising things on the horizon.

I didn't see any exciting new toys. I did see a lot of clones and chineseium.  A few new things were there as well but over all not much to get excited about. I get more excited to see friends I haven't seen since last show. This is because they do not live in L.A. where I do. I also  get excited  to catch the occasional NAMM performance and have discussions about the current state of affairs
While at my buddy's IEM company booth, I ran into Robert Randolph. I usually do not fan boy but that guy is on a whole other level of playing on the pedal steel. We chatted a few minutes and I inquired if he was playing anywhere. He was all well I am playing now but it's not going to be good, come see me at 5PM.  which I did and it was awesome.

Other things that went on was good hangs and conversations.

pucho812 said:
….I didn't see any exciting new toys. ……
……..I did see a lot of clones and chineseium. 

……. "They" are coming …..  and not "friendly"  …. unfortunately    :'(

for the rest a disappointing Namm (i.m.h.o.) 

I'm sorry for those who spent precious money for have a both...

Back