Telefunken m15a alignment

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chan

Anyone can provide information about the telefunken m15a machine
Repro alignment method!
Chan

This is a very broad question. I believe that the alignment of a M15a is pretty straight forward - if you know how to align a tape machine in general? If you don't, did you google for it? It is a pretty laborious procedure and I wouldn't be surprised if someone explained it somewhere already. It is basically a universal procedure which is not specific for only one machine type, once you know one, you basically know them all. There might be small differences, for example whether the repro eq has one or two adjustable frequencies. The M15a might have two if I remember right.

Michael

I have an M15(not A) 1/4". The M15 has two high frequency EQ points. 10K and 16K. Other than that it's no different than any other tape machine.

I am looking for more details about these content. Can you have time to give me this information?

You can find the service manual on Hifi Engine:

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/telefunken/magnetophon-15a.shtml

Start reading that, it should include all details?

Long time ago I have written up an step-by-step overview of the procedures to align the crucial parts of a tape recorder.
Might be helpful.

Attachments

• tape recorder alignment.pdf
    546.5 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back