Test and measurement books about frequency response

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY X

Hi!

¿Are there any books on frequency response of small signal amplifiers? ¿how to interpret the graphics...etc?

I could not find any on the net...not even amazon... :p

Jay x

mmm if you want to read the graphic it is too simple to be in a book maybe. if you want to estimate the frequency response of an amplifier then you need to search for bode plots. Many control books have chapters of Bode plots.

I hope it helps.
Rafael

JAY X said:
Hi!

¿Are there any books on frequency response of small signal amplifiers? ¿how to interpret the graphics...etc?

I could not find any on the net...not even amazon... :p

Jay x
Perhaps you won't find it as a separate topic because it is fairly rudimentary, at least for final outputs. A flat straight line (same amplitude for all frequencies) is considered ideal for accurate playback. Prudence and nature dictate that response will fall off at frequency extremes (high and low). 

For advanced analysis the open loop frequency response (and phase response ) before negative feedback is applied can reveal some general performance expectations.

So both simple and complicated depending how deep you dig.

JR

I forgot  :eek: the book that I co-authored with Larry Blakely back in the 80s  (Audio Measurements: Their Importance and how to Make Them)https://books.google.com/books/about/Audio_Measurements.html?id=0WFknQEACAAJ

This book was a free companion piece for the LofTech TS-1 audio test set... pretty rudimentary  "how to" make a number of basic audio measurements.

I lost control of "my" book after I resigned from the company and later the product was transferred to Gold Line... they kept printing the book for at least several years, I never saw a penny.

JR

PS: No I do not have a free download.

78511d1398271016t-need-inexpensive-test-tone-oscillator-meter.jpg

Latest posts

Back