Importing tracks/files from Audacity to Alesis HD24?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

Hi,

I have an Alesis HD24XR I want to import some wav files into. The files are individual tracks from a song a friend and I recorded 20 years ago. They are all synced up (if I import them all into Audacity, they line up perfectly).

The Alesis manual says I can FTP files that represent projects/songs made in a DAW (it lists ProTools, Cubase, Cakewalk, etc.). I don't have a DAW and the only software I have is Audacity...

Can I get these wav files FTPed over into the HD24XR? The Alesis works fine, no reason for me to get rid of it otherwise.

Cheers,
Chris

According to the HD24 it is just a matter of dragging and dropping .wav files with the correct names which should be easy enough. You just need to follow the manual instructions about setting up an ftp link with the HD24. This should be a lot simpler now than it was in the days of Windows 95 when the HD24 manual was written. There are plenty of free ftp file transfer programs with drag and drop. Filezilla is my favourite.

Cheers

Ian

The onl thing you need to watch out for is what happens when you export a multi-track wav file from Audacity. I use it to make a single multi-track wav file that I can import into my AKAI DPS24 DAW but it looks lie the HD24 wants one file for each track. I am not sure how to do that in Audacity. However, Audacity does aloow you to timestamp its output wavs so if they are aligned in audicity then the time coes on each track should be correct to ensure alignment. As long as the HD24 recognises these they should stay aligned when copied across.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back