Studer Revox Any Diy Project-Kit Or Rev-Eng ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SIXTYNINER said:
Very much thanks for post  !  :)

I would like to have a real hard box (no plug in) with that  in-out stages , and insert point as well  :)

started the request discussion after a successless check around
about  related serious  diy kit  or step by step rev. eng.
(considered what made for less important devices , transformers rev. eng. included...)

seem there is not interest about ….  :'(

Adre and I have explained how you can construct a hardware unit with a 'Studer' flavour if you want - its up to you to do the research and DIY to build one.  But as Abbey has said, Studer's electronics are renown for being faithful to their source when used within their limits.

Regards

Mike

madswitcher said:
Adre and I have explained how you can construct a hardware unit with a 'Studer' flavour if you want - its up to you to do the research and DIY to build one.  But as Abbey has said, Studer's electronics are renown for being faithful to their source when used within their limits.

Regards

Mike

And i very much thank you  about ,
the most useful post of the thread , till now…

perfectly in tune with the concept on which this forum was founded ….
and the diffusion deriving from it ,

unfortunately what many do not understand , or feign not to understand
(only for personal interests…)

and again , i started the thread only because nothing about i found around…

more thanks
cheers

SIXTYNINER said:
the most useful post of the thread , till now…
Quite an ungrateful comment.

unfortunately what many do not understand , or feign not to understand
I think most of the answers were substantiated enough, but you reject them because they are not in agreement with your preconceived ideas.

(only for personal interests…)
That is quite insulting. I have nothing to sell, nothing to gain.

and again , i started the thread only because nothing about i found around…
Could be there's a good reason for that...

abbey road d enfer said:
Quite an ungrateful comment.

abbey road d enfer said:
I think most of the answers were substantiated enough, but you reject them because they are not in agreement with your preconceived ideas.

abbey road d enfer said:
That is quite insulting. I have nothing to sell, nothing to gain.
Could be there's a good reason for that...

it is all related generically, and to those who are related, not individually,

maybe it's not that : asking is legal,
and responding (in a contributory way) is courtesy ?  (always if desired)

…. to argue apart ,
any post about thread title is welcome ,
cheers

PS:
do not kidding ,
supporting that here there are not  those who  "grab" only  for money...

SIXTYNINER said:
checked studer ftp but seem not work…
or my browser have issue…

cheers

Studer FTP is down since weeks for me too, not sure it's an browser issue...hope it's a momentary issue and not a policy change from Studer/harman  :-X

Best

PRR said:
> Studer FTP is down

Try pirate site: 
https://www.reeltoreel.nl/studer/Public/

PRR  , Magic Man Of GroupDIY !!

much thanks and cheers  :D

zamproject said:
Studer FTP is down since weeks for me too, not sure it's an browser issue...hope it's a momentary issue and not a policy change from Studer/harman  :-X
Best

….As Jakob say..
keep safe distance from….

or you can be sucked to black hole …
…unfortunately  :(

Hi again,

To save you some time, the line driver card I was referring to can be found in the A80  Mk 1 Service manual

https://www.reeltoreel.nl/studer/Public/Products/Recording_Analog/A80VU_MkI/Manuals/A80VU_MkI_Serv.pdf

on page 228.  The op amp I was referring to is denoted as A101 and the gain is about 24dB and not 34dB - my error

Regards

Mike

PRR said:
> Magic Man Of GroupDIY !!

Just Google "Studer FTP". No magic needed.

Done but at that moment google showed only  old original studer  links …. grrrrr  :mad:
(also got a screenshot about but server do not let me upload , it say:  images folder full..)

madswitcher said:
Hi again,

To save you some time, the line driver card I was referring to can be found in the A80  Mk 1 Service manual

https://www.reeltoreel.nl/studer/Public/Products/Recording_Analog/A80VU_MkI/Manuals/A80VU_MkI_Serv.pdf

on page 228.  The op amp I was referring to is denoted as A101 and the gain is about 24dB and not 34dB - my error

Regards

Mike

More thanks Mike !

madswitcher said:
The op amp I was referring to is denoted as A101 and the gain is about 24dB and not 34dB - my error

if you need some let me know... I remade them as spare for my 289, clone from the 4th version, I just add extra smd pad for low profile tantalum.

Best
Zam

scott2000 said:
Just happened across this thread.....maybe some interesting bits in it???

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6892.0
Yes, particularly the last bit:
"...but I couldn't imagine that the remanence and hysteresis, and other properties of the tape itself don't have a very significant effect on the reproduced sound."

Well there goes that......

there-goes-earth.jpg

Studio I start in years ago had studer A80 mark 1 recorders.  24  tk, and two /2  tks.  I did manitence on them and loved the build, but a golden eared engineer I learned from always loved the sound of his mixes from a 1/2 track A77, at 15 ips .  He wanted me to modify one A80 with Revox cards.  Never happened but was always an issue.  The A 700 Revox was a beautiful transport but sound neutralize compared to an A77.  We like flattery over honesty.

Latest posts

Back