Focusrite ISA 110 toroid (orange pumpkin) transformer.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlaury

Anyone have information on this output transformer. I'm building some pre's
based on the 110. I think I can use other transformer with a feedback winding,
but I want to stay as close to the Focusright design. It's a major part of the sound.

TIA
RonL

Aside,  I dig the mu-metal enclosure for the output tx. Those would be nice to have for other brands.
Do you have a pict of the pumpkin?  Curious to see it.

Edit: Oh wow, nevermind!

8HQHFze.jpg

"Hi. I found the datasheet of the vt30408 and it says 1:2+1 the +1 being the tertiary winding. Primary can take +20dBm and secondary is rated for 600ohms. That's all it says."

if somebody has an original then you could get the DCR measurements, core size, inductance at 20 Hz via current meter and voltage generator, then it would be easy to reverse as we could tell what kind of core material  by the permeabillity calcs.

the illusive magic pumpkin, almost as mysterious as the Peerless S-217-D but not quite,

looks like control of unbalanced DC would be important with the torroid design,

do not know why they went this route, an EI core laced 5 x 5 would seem like a wiser choice as to avoid saturation and core magnetization,

Attachments

• ISA 110 Output.png
    ISA 110 Output.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 155
I think I may go rent one of the 500 series modules and
blueprint the transformer.

I would think the API 2503
transformer could be made to work.
any thoughts?

on paper it looks like the 2503 would work well, maybe increase the stack to 3/4" up from sq stk 5/8" to get you down to 11 K Gauss for a bit less distortion at the bottom end,

since the primary turns count is low, 287 T #30,  then amp turns are low which means the DC bias is about 600 Gauss, so total flux will be about 11.6 KG.

here are the numbers for a sq stk which will work just fine,

Attachments

• 2503 flux.png
    2503 flux.png
    57 KB · Views: 90
Hello dear ppl of GDIY,

Did anyone find useful replacement for orange pumpkin output transformer?
Or at least has an idea which transformer and which configuration to test?

Cheers :D

Marinair did a TO129 with a tertiary winding, you can get the Carnhill version from Audio Maintenance, part no: VTB9053. It was used in a similare Neve circuit 3315

Back