ART MPA Digital Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scott2000 said:
Very cool! Thanks.... fancy BB chips too??

Neat to actually see some converter schematics........

I put it in the Tech Docs..

can we put it in tech docs????

Absolutely!

I was thinking about bypassing initial solid state preamp section and/or add some transformers. We'll see. I am always open for suggestions if anyone has an idea.

Just a repport on this unit after using it stock for a while.

This is trully great piece. It's kind of a tone box. Two plate voltage modes produce very different harmonic content. Low plate voltage sounds great on DI bass, clean DI guitars, especialy if they are going through some speaker simulator or amp afterwards.

Can be used to crush stereo room mics, or what ever stereo source that would benefit from SansAmp kind of treatment.

High voltage mode can be overdriven too, and creates different harmonic content (measured with scoope and generator).

In the past i was using some tube pres, like Blue Robbie, La610, and i was missing that high amount of tube harmonic distortion when i wanted to go crazy for what ever reason... Even though they are tube, they are for the most part clean pres.

This box can get both really dirty, and clean in high plate mode if gain is backed off.

Variable impedance is very cool on ribbons, dynamics, and transformer coupled tube mics. It can realy reshape the response of a mic. Doesn't do much on modern high output condensers.

Yes, i guess it would have been great if it had some in/out iron, but i realy like it for what it is stock.

Does anyone know how close the Black MPA II DIGITAL Micpre is to this schematic?
I need to repair one channel that has excess noise. It is not the tube.

Just ask ART, they provided me schematic. Check all the switches/ mechanic parts. They are really weak spot.

Latest posts

Back