• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Feeler: UA 176 Output Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
this is the weird custom modified transformer used in the UA 176 with the weird taps

was thinking about winding these,  could do it for 55 bucks each, can you believe it?

let me know,

thanks!  :D

Im interested as well...

would the mounting footprint be compatible with the Sowter by chance - I bet you'd have a lot of happy campers over at Rainton's UA 176 group buy project if so...

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=66175.0

me being one of them!

thanks CJ.
T.

who has a unit already running for which we could use as a guinea pig?  (prototype test)

the info i have points to a 7:1 turns ratio as opposed to the 9:1 for sale in the UK.

would like to make sure that change is gonna work,

thanks!

CJ said:
who has a unit already running for which we could use as a guinea pig?  (prototype test)

the info i have points to a 7:1 turns ratio as opposed to the 9:1 for sale in the UK.

would like to make sure that change is gonna work,

thanks!

I have a unit with the Sowter and I would be interested in trying it out.

I found the Sowter to have a rather high threshold point for the higher ratio settings. Maybe this is related to the turns ratio of the transformer ?

Back