• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Feeler: UA 176 Output Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be interested in 1 if it fits Rainton's chassis. I already have the Sowter here which is 9:1.

So the original was actually 7:1? Why then would the trannie Sowter made specifically for the 176 be 9:1?

If it helps I can measure the DC resistance of the primary and secondaries on our original.....  but don't have the equipment for more detailed tests

CJ is your offer still up to date?
Since you're the only alternative to the overpriced sowter tranny I'm wondering if there's a chance it's gonna happen?
Brexit is comming. I'd like to avoid paying taxes for a transformer so expensive as the one from sowter and with a wtong ratio 😉

Yes I would also love for this to come together.  I actually have to put our 177 on the bench tomorrow for another issue, but I will take the time to disconnect and measure the output transformer.  I do have a generator and an analyzer.... CJ what other measurements would you like?

BramK said:
I might be interested in 1 if it fits Rainton's chassis. I already have the Sowter here which is 9:1.

Me too (if it fits Rainton's chassis) in 3 pcs.

i dont know the exact part number - but sowter does sell their mu metal cans seperately. these are the ones that fit raintons chassis.  maybe CJ could make the transformers fit these cans? best

I don't see it posted anymore, but you do have the "modified basic 1008 transformer less tertiary windings plus taps (reference UTC no. PA 5946)" sheet that shows start, finish & % of the windings?

Attachments

• UA177.gif
    UA177.gif
    157.3 KB · Views: 43
Is this still alive? Wondering whether to order the Sowter or hold off a bit for a closer copy. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back