PCB Assembly Time and Cost

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john12ax7

Anyone have a decent estimate for low volume pcb assembly time.  Wanted to build about 20 EQs,  deciding between diy or hiring someone.

Or if there are any low volume CMs.

Basically a rough estimate of time per pad / component or cost per pad / component would be very useful.

pucho812 said:
You are in the l.a.  area plenty of electronics assembly houses to choose from.
I don't know if any have a moq.

Setup cost is probably the dominate factor.

The cost depends on how many unique components you have, and then the number of pads. The few Chinese places I have looked at have been around 5c per pad.

you didn't mention SMD or TH technology.

In my experience the cost for SMD was based on pops (device placements) so not number of pads. I used quad resistors that AFAIK were only one pop, not 4 from individual resistors.

I have no idea about modern pricing.  I suspect NRE (non recurring engineering like programming placement machine, and loading components) to be significant for low volume runs, perhaps pushing economic decision toward hand placement.

JR 

john12ax7 said:
Any in particular you could recommend?

Sure. Look up paradigm electronics manufacturing. Not sure if that is their full name I just know they as paradigm.

Another one, would be g&j.  G&j ia used by a lot of pro audio companies and they are top notch. Last stint at a pro audio manufacture used them exclusively.  They were good...

Back