How To Fix A Yamaha BK7i Organ Amp? - & AC or DC ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrogard

Hello all.  I am very new.  Today. First post.  Just stumbled across this forum 

Looks good to me.

I am trying to fix our old Yahaha BK7i organ which just gives out loud white noise and blows a fuse.

I'm not trained.  Just an enthusiastic DIY person I guess.

Friend helping me said to measure current at F3 - replace the fuse (that's the one that blows) with my DMM on the 20A scale and see what it draws.

Fine.  Then I suddenly thought.  AC or DC?

And I've been measuring voltages all over TR's 4 - 7 on DC scale. Is that okay or should they be AC?

Lots of info on my imgur posts.  Tried to put a pic of the circuit here but it wanted a link so I've linked to it.

And here's a link to the whole 'album' of pics about the organ:  https://imgur.com/a/K2exqQ0

Excuse me ignorance.  Please enlighten me.
FYdeZri

abrogard said:
  Then I suddenly thought.  AC or DC?
Fuses don't care about AC/DC; they are sexless.  ;)

And I've been measuring voltages all over TR's 4 - 7 on DC scale. Is that okay or should they be AC?
This is DC here in the absence of signal.

What happens if you disconnect connector US1? You should have no signal, just a little hiss, and maybe slight hum, the normal noise of an amp being alive.

abrogard said:
Friend helping me said to measure current at F3 - replace the fuse (that's the one that blows) with my DMM on the 20A scale and see what it draws.
Fine.  Then I suddenly thought.  AC or DC?
The current thru F3 is AC. However, if F3 blows, most probably the amplifier or speaker connected to it are faulty.

Back