this weekend was a rorschach test

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad... I conflated times with post... The Washington Times has an interesting history, founded by Sun Myung Moon (anyone remember him?... hint "unification church") to combat communism, and Washington Post.  ::) 

Times is rated middle-right but not my idea of a great paper... 

Sounds like the teacher may be performing their own ink blot test (write opinion about opinion). Not exactly a first step in journalism where reporters are not supposed to have opinions, but I should not presume to know what the teacher is doing.

JR 

boji said:
Scodiddly!!!

You do know the "Hebrew Israelites" I mentioned are a fringe religious group listed on the SPLC's website as an extremist hate group, and I was not talking about Jewish people or Judaism et al, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites

boji,

My apologies. I misunderstood which group you were talking about and so had an incorrect interpretation of your remarks.

-Sco

Where were the cries of 'fake news' when Trump was peddling conspiracy theories about Obama being born in another country?  Why is fake news only a problem now?
It is an odd thing indeed. I did not care a whit about Trump or his claims during the Obama era. I still view him as a World Wrestling Federation character pretending to be president.
Trump has burned through any credibility he has
I was relieved to get beyond Bush I & II and something didn't sit right with me concerning Clinton I & II,  but I didn't want to know a thing about right-leaning politics until the left recently made arguments impossible to ignore.  I've learned a lot in the last year about my own confirmation biases and how each party stirs up their base to think they are last remaining bulwark against imminent moral collapse.
And I also understand that I'm not changing any minds
You don't know that. Your arguments are usually thought-provoking and never beneath considering.

JohnRoberts said:
My bad... I conflated times with post... The Washington Times has an interesting history, founded by Sun Myung Moon (anyone remember him?... hint "unification church") to combat communism, and Washington Post.  ::) 

Times is rated middle-right but not my idea of a great paper... 

Sounds like the teacher may be performing their own ink blot test (write opinion about opinion). Not exactly a first step in journalism where reporters are not supposed to have opinions, but I should not presume to know what the teacher is doing.

JR

It was New York Times..... :-[

That's what happens when he decides to call me after midnight/9pm his time...lol

Told everyone to make sure to watch the speech tonight....

Sorry about the confusion.... I guess I can't say I'm not losing my mind...it was neither publication I thought....and searched pretty hard for the articles....doh...

scott2000 said:
Back in the 70s I subscribed to three newspapers for one year and NYT was one (WSJ, and Wash Post the other two). The NYT was definitely center-left (or more of that group) but I haven't read it for decades.
That's what happens when he decides to call me after midnight/9pm his time...lol

Told everyone to make sure to watch the speech tonight....
was that tonight?  ::)

Maybe the spammers were watching the speech.. I haven't caught one spamming here for several hours. (They may be waiting for me to hit the sack).
Sorry about the confusion.... I guess I can't say I'm not losing my mind...it was neither publication I thought....and searched pretty hard for the articles....doh...
NYT (the old gray lady) is pretty well respected by the left....(I think).

JR

Suprise suprise.  That makes more sense, as it aligns with most English departments. They are not a center left publication, imo. They are decidedly left. This is the same newspaper that refused to put Peterson's book on their famous list even though it was number one in like 5 countries at the time.
Edit: Also the same folks that took out ad's in their own front page for a week leading up to the election boasting Hillary was 98%  likely to win.

Back