Amp Kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Was checking through different kits for guitar amps ,
Found one Chinese kit, 120 US including shipping ,
Includes mains ,output and reverb tx  ,belton reverb tank , main board 5E3 styled ,pre soldered with 2 watts resistors all round , pots pre mounted on eq pcb , all switches and jacks nessesary for the build .

You need chassis ,cabinet, speaker and tubes and sockets ,

Tube line up is 2x6L6 3x12ax7 , 12 volt 3 watt transformer used in reverse for reverb drive off half a 12 ax7  going by the schematic .
About a days work I can fit that lot onto an old solid state combo chassis/cab , If I could get 300 euros for it I'd be happy .

Looks very much like the included mains tx has a rectifier heater winding as well ! what a lot of fun for 115 euros ,
I'm sure one of my buddies will like it enough to buy it .

Heres a guy playing one , sounds lovely on clean to drive , takes the efx well too , browns out a bit in the bass end , but thats only to be expected from class A bias , which it must be to only get 12 watts a pair of 6L6's ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enQX1ECac9o

Layout and schematic looks very credible .

Attachments

• CaptureKLD.PNG
    CaptureKLD.PNG
    335 KB · Views: 28
I have found that justifying another  project with the premise that the cost will be easily recouped and time involved will be minimal rarely  plays out how it was envisioned.
You don’t need another amp—Does the world need another cheap hack piece of gear?
While the cost of parts is not too bad 300 E  should buy a decent 2nd hand amp.
It seems the voicing/tweaking can take quite some time if you want  something to be proud of

Latest posts

Back