Sa-9000 ::)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingston said:
WTF

Less than 0.5% THD

That's a terrible even for tubes. Complete disaster for solid-state.

Perhaps they are proud of that figure, considering that theres a market for "color" :eek: apparently it is based on the SSL 9000 pre,

They copied this phrase next to actually every single gear they're selling.
So i would't rely on that number  ;D

If the Stam gear stays true to classic circuits and doesn't get chintzy with components,  I'm not sure how UA and others can compete.  Those some crazy low price points...

A 33609 clone for $1200?!?

"The ohmite carbon resistors were the icing on the cake, known for adding distortion and imparting coloration they were present in the early SSL construction and should not be avoided."

??? ::)

Well two things come to mind

1. This was a DIY thing from keef,  I just assume Stam copied this as well. No different then his other projects.

2. What was expressed previously. It is a ssl 9000 mic Pre,  not in the top tier of have to use mic pres. 

user 37518 said:
Perhaps they are proud of that figure, considering that theres a market for "color" :eek: apparently it is based on the SSL 9000 pre,

marketing bullshit says the opposite: It is a fast, clean and ultra linear preamp that captures the source with incredible transparency that never sounds dull at the source.

r2d2 said:
….beware guys " They " are coming …..  ;D

You always come off as extremely worried that the chinese have started to mass produce DIY clones like on this forum.

I see zero problems with this. People still want to design and perhaps build things and no Klark Technic will change that.

Kingston said:
You always come off as extremely worried that the chinese have started to mass produce DIY clones like on this forum.

I see zero problems with this. People still want to design and perhaps build things and no Klark Technic will change that.

but still, i'm sure it makes at least people think about buying already built clones for about 200$ or spending twice on parts and do it themselves

weiss said:
but still, i'm sure it makes at least people think about buying already built clones for about 200$ or spending twice on parts and do it themselves

I have always counted in the hours as an expense for a build. Turns out hiring me and paying taxes is pretty damn expensive. With that mindset hiring Manley is cheaper.

What this relatively new Chinese clone market allows is simply more accessibility to the classics for everyone.

Kingston said:
I have always counted in the hours as an expense for a build. Turns out hiring me and paying taxes is pretty damn expensive. With that mindset hiring Manley is cheaper.

What this relatively new Chinese clone market allows is simply more accessibility to the classics for everyone.

clones are not new. Chineveium is not new either.  Are they the same, no. Are they close enough so that their target user does not care, yes. it's all old news.  few of any are doing new and or unique.  Even U.S. companies like warm made it their business model. Do I really want a wam KM84 mic? no. do I want warm anything, no but I am not their target audience. Apparently their target audience does not mind it being a cheap imitation.

boji said:
A 33609 clone for $1200?!?

I googled this and arrived at a thread on Gearslutz with a lot of very upset people who've paid money and waited a very long time to get a Stam Audio product.  From reading most of the thread (I couldn't bring myself to make it all the way to the end) it seems that Stam Audio is improving on the delivery time front, but still - caveat emptor!

Back