Solid-state Pultec EQ clones

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my pair of solid state Pultec EQs. More or less clones of the originals, even down to the encapsulated power supply. Although, I went with the Lang-type pointer knobs as I had some from another build.

Cheers,
Chris

2enUXU4.jpg

fNeMcp2.jpg

3mlmRz8.jpg

Sorry, no gut shots for now... everything's in my rack, I don't want to pull it out just for that. If they come out for some reason, you guys will be the first to see gut shots.

The 5-inches deep chasses are from RCI Custom.  I have a pair for sale, one has the back panel punched for filter can, transformers, XLRs, etc. Will post to the Black Market later.

Cheers,
Chris

would love some inside pictures as well.
did you follow any build doc or you just did it all from scratch?

did you use 2520 style OpAmps?
And what was the sum of parts you paid?

FWIW: I have since sold the units.  Internals are more or less like the tubed versions, which have plenty of pics available on the web.

The build was essentially from scratch.

Yes, 2520s were used. Just like the originals.

fazeka said:
FWIW: I have since sold the units.  Internals are more or less like the tubed versions, which have plenty of pics available on the web.

what did you pay in total for one unit?
should have been significantly cheaper over full tube units

I can't really remember. I'll try to dig out my receipts.

I went with NOS original components as per originals (in/out switch and on/off rotary, rotary switches) so it was more expensive than if you used modern equivalents. Also, original Triads HS-56 transformers in and out add up... I'm sure there are substitutes you could use to save $.

fazeka said:

Did you not like the sounds of these units?

Latest posts

Back