Can you replace the A/D converter in an interface?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icantthinkofaname

There are a lot of 24/96 interfaces around for cheap (8 channel for $250-300), but could you replace the A/D converter component with something higher end to increase sampling rate, or is there more to it than that (like drivers)? This isn't something I'm planning to do, but I am curious if anyone has done it with success.

Icantthinkofaname said:
There are a lot of 24/96 interfaces around for cheap (8 channel for $250-300), but could you replace the A/D converter component with something higher end to increase sampling rate, or is there more to it than that (like drivers)? This isn't something I'm planning to do, but I am curious if anyone has done it with success.
Swapping out the A/D convertor for one with a higher sampling rate is tantamount to executing a new design.  So it's possible but not trivial. Perhaps easier to just start a brand new design from scratch. That is not trivial either.

A good start is to get a data sheet/application note for your current chip set and figure out how it works.

Good luck

JR 

Icantthinkofaname said:
There are a lot of 24/96 interfaces around for cheap (8 channel for $250-300), but could you replace the A/D converter component with something higher end to increase sampling rate

You want higher than 96kHz sampling rate ?

Latest posts

Back