Yamaha PM700 Direct Outs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildafriend

Hey guys,

I picked up Yamaha PM700 at a price I couldn't pass up. I want to add direct outs to each channel.

Simple as this?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 106
Thanks guys  ;D

I'll try tapping off of these two locations and see how it works out

Any advice on stress relief for the cable breakout through the back of the enclosure? It looks like I could go through the wood and possibly through the sheet metal if I can find a good spot. Sheet metal seems to be about the thickness you would expect. The enclosure is roughly 1/2" ( maybe a hair thicker ) MDF. I could provide exact measurements to anyone who's kind enough to think that deeply into it

All the best,

Attachments

• Pre_Post.JPG
    Pre_Post.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 52
haha, that was my PM700 - where did you find that photo?

I seem to recall taking direct outs after the fader buffer, so basically where the PAN pot connects to the capacitor.

Humner said:
haha, that was my PM700 - where did you find that photo?

I seem to recall taking direct outs after the fader buffer, so basically where the PAN pot connects to the capacitor.

Google image search, it was a top hit. It was easier than opening mine up again and having to snap the pic.

Thanks for the tip!

I have a PM700 I did that to but I don't remember where I patched them in. Either way it wasn't hard to do...I could dig it out and look. I haven't used it in awhile.

Noted JR  ;D I'll be sure to add that

Wildfara - I would love to know. I would also love to know what you guys did for the breakout cable or where you put your panel jacks

Because mine was pretty beat to begin with and I had a spaghetti pile of cable from a salvaged studio setup laying around I didn't bother I just drilled a hole in the back and ran a pigtail out rather than take the time to put a panel on with connectors...I am pretty sure I just took it off the pan pots too as mentioned above. I should take it out and mess with it more. I got busy with building more space so it got put away.

I think I'll etch a small board for adding 200 Ohm resistors, screw it to the MDF and then run shielded cable to and from it with pre and post fader direct outs with cables like you did. Just drill a nice little hold in the MDF

is there anything that can be done about the gain switches? It only has about 5 or so large jumps.. It works but it's not exactly ideal

this should work for impedance matching. a perf board would be faster but I like having my stuff on file and I have blank copper boards laying around

Attachments

• dir out mod.JPG
    dir out mod.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Back