WA-414 upgrade with CK12 ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avgatzeblouz

Hi everyone, according to mail excahnges with Warm audio, their WA-14 is a 1:1 replica of the 414EB circuit. I was wondering if the components are close enough that putting a Tim Campbell or OPR capsule in it could really turn it into a 414EB ?
Thanks to anyone that could have an idea about it.

If you already have it then it's worth a shot. I wouldn't order one with the intention of putting in a better capsule though. I don't know if I'd believe it's a 1:1 copy though since it's missing a few features like a hyper cardioid polar pattern.

I'd reckon that's because 3-position toggle-switches are more readily available (and as such, cheaper) than 4-position (or more) slide switches.

Icantthinkofaname said:
I don't know if I'd believe it's a 1:1 copy though since it's missing a few features like a hyper cardioid polar pattern.

Khron said:
I'd reckon that's because 3-position toggle-switches are more readily available (and as such, cheaper) than 4-position (or more) slide switches.
That makes a lot of sense, I'm just not sure I'd buy it's a 1:1 copy. I'm sure if anyone takes one apart who actually knows they're sh*t they'll give a much more accurate opinion.

FWIW OP a used SE T2 can be found for like $350 if you're patient, I have no idea how close it is circuit wise to a 414, but it'll give you an incredibly similar body and the same polar patterns. I've got one on the way I got for about that price, I'm debating on throwing in the Maiku CK12 I bought, or waiting like a month and buying a CT12 with my tips.

Jim50hertz said:
This

Abgatzeblouz can you clarify?

I think they copied the first version, non P48. It should be easy to check, I think the P48 does not have the DC-DC converter. I'll get back to you guys.

If you are patient enough you can still score C414EB and EBP48 for around 500 Euro, which is about as much as the Warm Audio interpretation cost, but in the end you have the real deal ;)

Good source at the moment are france and italy.

tonzauber said:
If you are patient enough you can still score C414EB and EBP48 for around 500 Euro, which is about as much as the Warm Audio interpretation cost, but in the end you have the real deal ;)

Good source at the moment are france and italy.

This is encouraging as eBay prices in the U.K/EU are far more than this

Back