phonodj

g9 interstage cap
« on: April 28, 2005, 02:38:24 PM »
hello

i´m building my first g9 micpre and have a question i didn´t found an answer in the meta for.

should the interstage cap be 220nF as printed on the board or 470nF as told in the part list?
best henning


CJ

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 04:16:09 PM »
Either/Or. You will not notice any difference. Whatever you have on hand.

Just make sure the voltage rating is at-or-above what is specified.

cj
If I can't fix it, I can fix it so nobody else can!
Frank's Tube Page: www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/vs.html
Guitar Amps: http://bmamps.com/Tech_sch.html

Minguta

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 11:19:22 PM »
I used 470nF for C3 and C103( from The Schematic )
That's work great.

phonodj

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 05:09:31 AM »
thanks a lot

tony dB

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 05:13:17 AM »
cool rack Minguta!

dufo

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 09:29:48 PM »
Quote from: "Minguta"
I used 470nF for C3 and C103( from The Schematic )
That's work great.


Can I ask where you got the decals for the front panel ??

Minguta

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 10:40:40 AM »
I got layout from Frank.(Thanks a lot) :grin:
http://www.nrgrecording.de/diy.html

and print the layout to Transparent.
Do it like you make PCB. :razz:
PRINTING..
EXPOSURE...
DEVELOPMENT...
ferric chloride....ETC........ :green:

dufo

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 04:27:12 AM »
Quote from: "Minguta"
I got layout from Frank.(Thanks a lot) :grin:
http://www.nrgrecording.de/diy.html

and print the layout to Transparent.
Do it like you make PCB. :razz:
PRINTING..
EXPOSURE...
DEVELOPMENT...
ferric chloride....ETC........ :green:


I have all the PCB making equipment. Where could I read more about what exactly is involved? Thanks !  :grin:

WJS

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 12:42:29 PM »
the 470nf if i remember correctly is the right cap to use there. this value will have a small effect on the tone of the preamp
very small, you could use almost any small cap... (well not any)

also, that is a neat method for the face plate. I'll have to figure it out and try it some time.
"CLUELESSNESS.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots."

dufo

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 02:12:35 AM »
Quote from: "WJS"
the 470nf if i remember correctly is the right cap to use there. this value will have a small effect on the tone of the preamp
very small, you could use almost any small cap... (well not any)

also, that is a neat method for the face plate. I'll have to figure it out and try it some time.


470nf in place of the 220nf you mean?


WJS

g9 interstage cap
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 01:34:44 PM »
yes, the interstage cap.  i believe 470nf is the right value tonaly. (not the 220nf) but both will work
"CLUELESSNESS.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots."


 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
1108 Views
Last post February 12, 2006, 03:26:13 PM
by peeceebee
60 Replies
22150 Views
Last post January 04, 2008, 08:52:07 PM
by analag
3 Replies
1777 Views
Last post January 11, 2009, 10:01:33 PM
by PRR
4 Replies
1277 Views
Last post November 05, 2009, 04:21:26 PM
by QUEEF BAG