• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carver Amp - GONE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

I have this Carver PM 1.5 stereo amp that I have had for years that I got for a trade for some work I did. One side does not work and I never tried to fix it. I opened it up and blew out the dust but I just have way too much going on to spend anytime on this guy. It's free to anyone who wants it. If you want it shipped then you have to pay for it or provide a shipping label. If I can't get give it away I'm going to toss it.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• Carver 2.jpg
    Carver 2.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 34
I still have this. For those who would like this shipped it would be cheaper for you to send me a shipping label. I'm going to hold on to this till Wednesday just in case anyone does want this then I'm tossing it.

Thanks!

Paul

I'd probably be tempted to check out those giant caps in there if nothing else before trashing it...............

What are the dimensions and weight with it boxed anyhow???

It would be approximately 24x20x6 and about 25lbs. There are certain items like electrolytic capacitors and transistors that I don't salvage or use NOS units as they have caused great agony and pain trying to implement them in complicated builds. If someone does have some use for it then providing a shipping label is your most cost effective way to get it sent to you and I don't have to think about it. This amp has no value to me and I have zero interest in trying to troubleshoot it as I have enough to do already.

Thanks!

Paul

I hear ya.... It's almost $40 to get here.......

Hate to see things get  buried but, I wouldn't need or want to repair it outside of my own list...

the chassis is kinda weird or I'd consider taking it....... 

too bad you can't donate it..... You could even write it off but, I'm not sure who deals with broken or even  recycling stuff there....

When it comes to stuff like this, I would rather deal with the people here then what has been my experience with this kind of stuff on craigslist.

Back