20pad,+48V, PhaseReverse Control newbie question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olegarich

GDIY Supporter
Hello, Diy Family

Probably that would be a basic question, but I want to make sure before i will build it.

I'm building Neve 1290 clone and i would like to have those 3 controls on the front panel. I found these schematics but i want to be sure, can this wiring be done and should it be done before input transformer?  I will use St,Ivers 31267 wired backwards as mic in transformer (JLM Scheme)

So from my INPUT XLR signal goes to phantom switch, then to the pad switch, polarity switch and then goes to the Input transformer?
As on this scheme i found here.

Thanks for help

Attachments

• Four-Toggles-V2  (1).png
    Four-Toggles-V2 (1).png
    31.5 KB · Views: 27
That should work fine!. The connectors shown on that schematic are inytended to be Molex types but the principle s the same if you hard wire it. You just need to rememeber to connect the 0V of the phantom power to pin 1 of the mic input XLR.

The only thing I would say is that Neve typically put the phase reverse on the secondary of the output transformer. This might be because they used a separate line input transformer so reversing the phase of two input transformers with one switch would be more complex. If you use a pad for line input instead of a separate transformer then the schematic chown should be OK.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back