Wiring resistors and wire onto multi-deck rotaries best practices?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m using mostly Xion and some Yaego. The Xion are $4 for a bag of 200. The Yaego get a big price break at 100 pcs. Both brands are small in size.  Every time I need a value I buy a bag of 200. I now have a lot of the E96 values. If you need 75 values a bag for each would be expensive but those resistors are cheap in smaller quantities too. I wouldn’t put expensive resistors on a cheap switch.

Gold said:
I’m using mostly Xion and some Yaego. The Xion are $4 for a bag of 200. The Yaego get a big price break at 100 pcs. Both brands are small in size.  Every time I need a value I buy a bag of 200. I now have a lot of the E96 values. If you need 75 values a bag for each would be expensive but those resistors are cheap in smaller quantities too. I wouldn’t put expensive resistors on a cheap switch.

Yeah, the difference is negligible price-wise. For the full boat  of 75x values, it's around $100 using 3x multiplier on each value. Above 10 and under 100 the price break is the same. It's spec'd out with KOA Speers and I'm supplementing with Yageo where the KOA's are backordered.

Latest posts

Back