10K log rotary fader

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been liking the Bourns High Torque pots, like PDA241-HRT02-103A2

The feel is smooth but firm to turn, like turning a wheel through oil.

If you want a smooth easy turn, however, they have a standard version also: PDA241-SRT02-103A2 

Decided to go with ALPS RK27. There is a lot of price variation in these. They are £18.78 from Mouser, £25 from RS,  £16.43 from Hi-Fi Collective and £12.60 from Reichelt. Guess where I ordered them from.

There are lots on eBay around the £7 mark but they are all from China so it is anybody's guess what the really are.

Cheers

Ian

Hello Ian

Maybe have a look at TKD product, I never test their pots but fader are great !

Best
Zam

The TKD 2500 series has the best stereo matching on a log pot I've encountered. Better than the no longer made P&G RF15. They are about $100 ea for a two channel version.

I like the RK27's. Very good stereo matching and a nice feel. They also will fit in a 1RU case unlike the previous model Black Beauty.

Gold said:
The TKD 2500 series has the best stereo matching on a log pot I've encountered. Better than the no longer made P&G RF15. They are about $100 ea for a two channel version.

I like the RK27's. Very good stereo matching and a nice feel. They also will fit in a 1RU case unlike the previous model Black Beauty.

I should have mentioned these are for mono channel faders in a mixer so stereo matching is not an issue (except for the master bus pot).

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back