Millenia Media style illuminated pushbuttons

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iampoor1

Anyone have a source and/or similar feeling illuminated pushbutton switch recommendation?

https://www.mil-media.com/STT-1%20Origin.html

From what I can tell, the switch is a standard C&K F series type switch, but the source for the illuminated pushbutton caps eludes me.Yes I tried contacting C&K, but they have discontinued their illuminated pushbutton caps.

Anyone have any ideas?

I just serviced a millennia.

I just replaced a switch. I have the part number at home for what I put in.

FWIW the switch is a non illuminating switch.  A typical pennies on the dollar push button switch, the one I had to replace had a broken shaft so you could not attach a switch cap. IIRC I put in a C&K replacement.  What Millenia does is pretty simple. The have an LED and leads coming off it attached to the circuit board. The put the LED under the switch cap which just gets pushed on.  when you engage the switch into the on position the LED comes on.
pretty simple and inexpensive compared to other options on the market.

iturnknobs said:
612-WBL2UEERQR05CLR  - mouser

This might be close to what you're looking for. Verify color and presence or absence of clear cap before ordering.

I think I have tried these out. While I do think they are a pretty decent solution, Im really looking for a longer life switch (C&K f series are rating at over 5x the life), but I may have to resort to these if nothing else works out.

pucho812 said:
I just serviced a millennia.

I just replaced a switch. I have the part number at home for what I put in.

FWIW the switch is a non illuminating switch.  A typical pennies on the dollar push button switch, the one I had to replace had a broken shaft so you could not attach a switch cap. IIRC I put in a C&K replacement.  What Millenia does is pretty simple. The have an LED and leads coming off it attached to the circuit board. The put the LED under the switch cap which just gets pushed on.  when you engage the switch into the on position the LED comes on.
pretty simple and inexpensive compared to other options on the market.

Fascinating, thanks so much for the inside info.
Was the part number F2uee?

Did the switch caps they use have slots on the sides for the LED legs to stick out of? Im trying to visualize how these work. I also have a sneaking suspicion that the caps themselves may be custom, as I dont see any off the shelf switch caps with semi transparent plastics being made. Or I might be looking too hard and missing something obvious. I REALLY like the feel and looks of the millennia switches.

When I get in I can get you the exact part number of the switch.  We had their switch cap.  The photo below shows the first attempt with the right switch type but wrong size.  It's the white switch on the right.  The left one is their(millennia) switch.  The white was the first repair attempt by another.  I removed it and put in the c&k. If you look at the left switch you see the switch cap and led with bent leads.  It's a flat style led. The leafs just wire off to a two pin on the board.

Attachments

• IMG_6329.JPG
    IMG_6329.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
Awesome, thank you so much. Yes I see what you mean about how the LED is mounted. I wonder if that is a custom switch cap.  :-[

pucho812 said:
I put in switch part f2uee... :)

as for switch cap I couldn't tell you, it was there. I can say the led is the flat rectangle shape making it easier to implement.

Okay awesome. Thanks for letting me know!

Gotcha. I guess its time to start asking chinesse suppliers for transparent switch caps then. We will see what happens.  ;D

pucho812 said:
I really don't think it is that complicated, I would imagine you could get the colored transparent switch caps at mouser or whoever you choose.

Definitely not complicated, just time consuming.. Sort of like recapping.  ;) Digikey and mouser do not stock transparent knob caps that fit these switches as far as I can tell. I found one avaliable on mouser, but it has a 14 week lead time. On top of thatI have sent a few requests for quotes out. Anyways, suffice to say, this is one of those things that I thought would take an hour....well it took me like a whole day to figure it out.  ;D 8)

Back