Mulitpin Connector for tube projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

These just arrived , well actually 1 of the four arrived , along with a little note from the sender to say due to low stock the other three items would be sent along soon .
Quality is good , everything mates up nicely ,only issue is the person employed to grind the casting points on the alloy housing could have been a little more carefull , its a minor point ,for 5.25 euros each I wont be complaining .
The same seller has a good range of multipin army/aviation style connectors , bayonet and thread locking  upto 50 pins .

http://www.ebaystores.ie/PARTSPIPE/Connectors-Plugs-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=127791419&_sacat=PARTSPIPE&_sid=171050829

Hi Rippe , I forgot to post the photo
I went for the 8 pin large version here ,
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Military-Airline-Radio-Style-8-Pin-Twist-Male-Female-Cable-Connector-P32J2A-/290571855732

44mm mounting plate on the chassis side, pins are around 2mm diameter  500v rated. Some of the smaller army bayonet types with 7 pins look useable for tube mics or preamps as well . Id imagine the army type include a water seal ,where the airline type are not sealed from water ingress .

I read something interesting about shopping on ebay for electronics , if you find stuff that hasnt been linked with 'tube electronics' often prices are way cheaper for the same or similar items . Theres a huge range of 450 volt foil caps for motors , the plastic radial mounted box type , they seem fine as either coupling, de-coupling in tube circuits or even passive speaker crossover networks ,only few dollars upto 20 uf , anything with an audio designation commands several times the money for what in circuit terms probably amounts to the same .

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 13
I'll use these with  some 4x1.5mm +3x0.5mm rubber jacketed cable rated for three phase power .
Its unscreened ,but the .5mm  wires run in the centre between the larger cores ,so Im hoping  tapping the heater wires to earth with the usual 2x100 ohm resistors and running them in opposing pairs of conductors in the cable will keep induced noise down . Ht will get extra smoothing at the signal chassis either way ,including chokes ,so any residual noise should be minimised .

Latest posts

Back