24V from 500 PSU?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordan s

I'm trying to rack up an 1108 preamp in a 500 series module, is there any reliable way to get 24V from the 16V bipolar 500 series PSU?

yes. 

It's been done, I can show you when I get in but the real question comes down to current draw and availability of  current for the 1108 circuit.

you can use a small DC-DC converter, You can also do it with a 7824 and instead of reverence to ground, the ground pin goes on the negative side... I have the exact deets on a design where we implemented it that way. let me pull it up and get back to you.

john12ax7 said:
Look here for some useful info:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=28577.0

Some interesting info here but unfortunately, I don't think the meeting of the minds ever produced a final verified schematic.  Peter's last schematic MIGHT work but it looks like an overly complex solution. I am honestly not savvy enough to design my own which is why I implore the good people of this forum to share their methods.

While I can't give out the schematic due to NDA
it's like this. in a basic form you have +16 from the API rack feeding into a 7824 regulator.  from there the GND of the 7824 ties into the -16 the end result is an output of +24VDC.  any caps and diodes need are added as required.

Latest posts

Back