recording studio in LA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

any studio recommendations for recording drums and percussions in LA (preferably west side)

What is your budget?

If your on the westside  would be places like the village, 4th st recording or groove master.
If you want to venture further out and  into west end of the valley check out stage street in Van Nuys.
otherwise you will be in Burbank and or Hollywood for anything decent.

oh cool, both are near me...
i am trying to stay in $200.00 range, inc engineer! probably 4-6 hour session will do. 

pucho812 said:
What is your budget?

If your on the westside  would be places like the village, 4th st recording or groove master.
If you want to venture further out and  into west end of the valley check out stage street in Van Nuys.
otherwise you will be in Burbank and or Hollywood for anything decent.

Take some pics and let us know where you end up.

I could use a spot for drums,  so curious too of what's available in that price range.  I would imagine the village would be a lot more expensive.

john12ax7 said:
Take some pics and let us know where you end up.

I could use a spot for drums,  so curious too of what's available in that price range.  I would imagine the village would be a lot more expensive.

will do!

eastwest studios studio1 inc engineer were $250 couple years ago... 4 hours min.

uuuuuuh, last sunday  12VDC hit my laptop USB port/ground and fried my SSD drive, and it took arduino mega with it  :(
on top of it, yesterday,  out of nowhereThunderbolt card in my Win10 PC fried ::)
delay on recording for couple of weeks!
last backup was more than 3 months, not too bad!

kambo said:
uuuuuuh, last sunday  12VDC hit my laptop USB port/ground and fried my SSD drive, and it took arduino mega with it  :(
on top of it, yesterday,  out of nowhereThunderbolt card in my Win10 PC fried ::)
delay on recording for couple of weeks!
last backup was more than 3 months, not too bad!

not bad at all.  I am 290 days since last backup...

couple of good news.... sata on mac still alive :)
Fry's just delivered my new SSD, restoring from backup yeay!
i have Lynx LT-FW card for sale on black market (dont know if i ever sell it or frame it) .. since my TB card is goon on my PC,
i switched from LT-TB to LT-FW :)
good thing no one bought it so far  ;)

4th street is $50+$30(engineer) with lots of discount options.... recording on 27th!

Back