squarewave

Emergency Alert System (EAS) During Cohen Testimony
« on: February 27, 2019, 11:47:13 AM »
This is probably something for twitter but this is the only place where I post regularly so here goes ...

I have noticed that Comcast in Northern NJ has conducted television Emergency Alert System tests in the middle of the day a couple of times within the last year or so. In the past, I do not recall these tests being conducted in the middle of the day. In the past, I thought that they where always conducted in the early morning hours. Additionally, on at least one occasion, I believe it was during some congressional testimony (I think it was Blasey Ford's testimony regarding Kavanaugh). I think there was another instance during some broadcast that negatively discussed Trump. I had to wonder if this was just a coincidence.

Today, just now, at 11:10 AM it happened again. An Emergency Alert System (EAS) test was broadcast at the beginning of the Michael Cohen testimony.

I cannot help but wonder if some knucklehead over at Comcast or somewhere is initiating EAS tests as a sort of distraction or protest.

Anyways, I just thought I would post this here so that if someone else is wondering the same thing - yes, I saw it too!

pucho812

Re: Emergency Alert System (EAS) During Cohen Testimony
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »
the first problem is that it is Comcast. they are not so bright sometimes. I would suspect it is just some goof at the mothership trying to be funny who knows.
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:02:33 PM »
The russian movie spammers apparently aren't watching either... just gonged about 10 of them.

JR
John Roberts
http://circularscience.com
Tune it, or don't play it...

boji

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
the first problem is that it is Comcast. they are not so bright sometimes.

Sometimes?!?   ;D

squarewave

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:16:48 AM »
They just did it again! 10:11 AM EST. In the middle of the William Barr testimony.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »
They just did it again! 10:11 AM EST. In the middle of the William Barr testimony.
Life is too short to pursue every conspiracy theory, but actual news from Barr testimony (supposed to be talking about his department budget) is that he is investigating the investigation from summer of 2016. This could get interesting.

Justice is supposed to be blind, not deaf and dumb too.... :o

JR
John Roberts
http://circularscience.com
Tune it, or don't play it...

squarewave

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 01:57:05 PM »
Life is too short to pursue every conspiracy theory
I have never seen an EAS in the middle of the day except 3 times in the middle of congressional testimony that has to do with Trump in some way. You don't find that weird? Someone is either having a laugh. It could be hackers. The EAS system is no doubt based on some ancient tech that has zero security.

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 03:15:48 PM »
Maybe the boss has a big 'Fake News' button in the white house , anytime he see's something unfavourable about himself he just presses the button and it causes hundreds of people to run around cleaning  and covering in the media D

Three times in a row during congressional hearings , thats a bit too much of a co-indicence for anyone to swallow, surely?
Maybe its done under the guise of national security.