squarewave

Emergency Alert System (EAS) During Cohen Testimony
« on: February 27, 2019, 11:47:13 AM »
This is probably something for twitter but this is the only place where I post regularly so here goes ...

I have noticed that Comcast in Northern NJ has conducted television Emergency Alert System tests in the middle of the day a couple of times within the last year or so. In the past, I do not recall these tests being conducted in the middle of the day. In the past, I thought that they where always conducted in the early morning hours. Additionally, on at least one occasion, I believe it was during some congressional testimony (I think it was Blasey Ford's testimony regarding Kavanaugh). I think there was another instance during some broadcast that negatively discussed Trump. I had to wonder if this was just a coincidence.

Today, just now, at 11:10 AM it happened again. An Emergency Alert System (EAS) test was broadcast at the beginning of the Michael Cohen testimony.

I cannot help but wonder if some knucklehead over at Comcast or somewhere is initiating EAS tests as a sort of distraction or protest.

Anyways, I just thought I would post this here so that if someone else is wondering the same thing - yes, I saw it too!

pucho812

Re: Emergency Alert System (EAS) During Cohen Testimony
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »
the first problem is that it is Comcast. they are not so bright sometimes. I would suspect it is just some goof at the mothership trying to be funny who knows.
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:02:33 PM »
The russian movie spammers apparently aren't watching either... just gonged about 10 of them.

JR
John Roberts
http://circularscience.com
Tune it, or don't play it...

boji

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
the first problem is that it is Comcast. they are not so bright sometimes.

Sometimes?!?   ;D