Emergency Alert System (EAS) During Cohen Testimony

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Deadly

This is probably something for twitter but this is the only place where I post regularly so here goes ...

I have noticed that Comcast in Northern NJ has conducted television Emergency Alert System tests in the middle of the day a couple of times within the last year or so. In the past, I do not recall these tests being conducted in the middle of the day. In the past, I thought that they where always conducted in the early morning hours. Additionally, on at least one occasion, I believe it was during some congressional testimony (I think it was Blasey Ford's testimony regarding Kavanaugh). I think there was another instance during some broadcast that negatively discussed Trump. I had to wonder if this was just a coincidence.

Today, just now, at 11:10 AM it happened again. An Emergency Alert System (EAS) test was broadcast at the beginning of the Michael Cohen testimony.

I cannot help but wonder if some knucklehead over at Comcast or somewhere is initiating EAS tests as a sort of distraction or protest.

Anyways, I just thought I would post this here so that if someone else is wondering the same thing - yes, I saw it too!

squarewave said:
They just did it again! 10:11 AM EST. In the middle of the William Barr testimony.
Life is too short to pursue every conspiracy theory, but actual news from Barr testimony (supposed to be talking about his department budget) is that he is investigating the investigation from summer of 2016. This could get interesting.

Justice is supposed to be blind, not deaf and dumb too.... :eek:

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Life is too short to pursue every conspiracy theory
I have never seen an EAS in the middle of the day except 3 times in the middle of congressional testimony that has to do with Trump in some way. You don't find that weird? Someone is either having a laugh. It could be hackers. The EAS system is no doubt based on some ancient tech that has zero security.

Maybe the boss has a big 'Fake News' button in the white house , anytime he see's something unfavourable about himself he just presses the button and it causes hundreds of people to run around cleaning  and covering in the media D

Three times in a row during congressional hearings , thats a bit too much of a co-indicence for anyone to swallow, surely?
Maybe its done under the guise of national security. 

EAS on TV just happened again Jul 24 11:10AM. Right in the middle of Mueller testifying before judiciary.

Although I did get one EAS a while back when there was no testimony going on.

squarewave said:
EAS on TV just happened again Jul 24 11:10AM. Right in the middle of Mueller testifying before judiciary.

Although I did get one EAS a while back when there was no testimony going on.

;D ;D ;D  yeah probably wanted to prevent you hearing his block buster testimony (he promised to read from the published report.)  ::)

Yesterday the media arm wavers were trying to spin up a story about a secret witness... Turns out that Mueller requested to swear in his deputy to (cough) "help" him answer questions.  ::) His request was denied. They want to get sound bites they can use of Mueller himself saying something damning about President Trump. I'm not sure Mueller wants to go there, but who knows?

It is probably wise for Mueller to have personal representation to advise him to avoid answering any of the several landmine questions surrounding this investigation. I hoped we'd get to hear the fat lady sing today, but this partisan drama probably won't be over for a while yet. The general election is over a year away. 

Good luck with that, and glad you didn't have a real emergency.

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
;D ;D ;D  yeah probably wanted to prevent you hearing his block buster testimony (he promised to read from the published report.)  ::)
The funny thing is I can't really figure out what the objective is. It could be:

A) Right wing protest simply trying to disrupt the hearing
B) Left wing activist trying to draw attention to the hearing
C) A hacker but since it doesn't really affect anything I guess just for a laugh
D) Coincidence

Although I understand the reasons why Mueller won't say that he would have charged Trump with obstruction if he wasn't a sitting president, it makes me wonder what the fallout would have been if he had?

Part of me thinks it wouldn't have moved the needle too much either way:  Trump supporters would likely not have stopped chanting "LOCK HER UP!" or "SEND HER BACK!", and Democrats weren't going to vote for him regardless.  I supposed it might have moved people in the middle who only saw Trumps "COMPLETE EXONERATION!" tweets, however I'm not convinced there are too many people that fall into that camp these days.

It could be that , or maybe the exact opposite ,

I just hope a real and serious emergency isnt ignored next time due to 'Ah its  just a test again' type thinking .
Who ever and for what ever reason their doing this 'crying wolf', its undermining the effectiveness of the EAS ,
and could end up endangering peoples lives  in the process.

Back