Atlas LO-2B Microphone Clips...Any better alternatives?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redsandblu

Atlas LO-2B Microphone Clips...Any better alternatives than this (crap)

Hello,

We?ve purchased some 60 Atlas push/lock clips for microphone stands (you know, so you don?t have to screw the mic on or off the stand, but with a simple push and click system).
Anyway, they?re supposed to be a safe and quick way to secure and change your ?expensive mics?. To cut the crap, out of the sixty we?ve purchased for the studio, 56 are failing: the mics just slip off the stand and crash six feet lower on the ground. (happened to one of our U67?s...).
Does anyone have a similar experience with these clips? Are there better alternatives (except for going back to screwing them on)?

All The Best,

Raf R.
Alamo Sound Services
[/b]

Atlas moved all their production from USA to China a few years ago and their QC went to hell. I complained to one of their reps at NAMM and he told me that the reason there wasn't a price drop was that now they had a lot better QC in China! :shock: I had recently purchased some new Atlas stands and as soon as I got them out of the box I knew something was wrong. Four of the twelve stands we ordered has to be sent back. I argued with the Atlas rep for a while and he told me It must have been a fluke, but the bases and stands all felt so cheep. The only reason I bought Atlas stands was because they were extremely durable, and now I can't justify buying them over the $5 stands they have at GC.

Good thing I own a bunch of their old stands. If I ever need to replace them I'm gonna have to hit up eBay. :?

Latest posts

Back