Active Plate load

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

Anybody tried the DN2540N5 depletion mode mosfet as a active triode plate load

Analag

This guy has apparantly played with the combination:

http://www.raleighaudio.com/chapter_2.htm

Myself, I'm not much into hybrids, though..

Jakob E.

I have used used them(DN2540) and I like it so much I bought 100. It's an improvement over the traditional tube sound, more definition, improved linearity, better PSRR and these things mean lower dosage of feedback is needed. I use them in circuits where audio resolution is the priority not tube fluff. When I go hybrid I'm actually searching for a different sound one that is neither tube nor solidstate( best of both worlds)
Also I use the MOSFET to hold the tube right there in the sweet spot on the transfer curve, so if I'm correct that's more of the good stuff.

Analag

Jakob;

Yes Mr. Dave.
He is part of our audio club (I cannot say audiophile around here or I will get stoned)
Dave has a few products that are build by Kevin at K&Kaudio.
The problem with that damn fet is thet have discontinued the version
with the To-220 package. So with the surface mount version
I cannot get enough heat out of the part.

I want to dissipate watts not miliwatts.

Yes it does sound good as a constant current source.
Not many vendors in the world are selling a 350V depletion mode mosfet!

I think it is time to buy a IC packaging company and put that fet and the TL783 TI part in the through hole package like it was supposed to be.

The problem with that damn fet is thet have discontinued the version
with the To-220 package.

FYI the TO-220 version DN2540N5 can be had here for $1.73 in any quantity www.allamerican.com

Analag

hmmmm . im not sure if i read that corectly ,

"audiophile"

man these are some nice rocks im holding :evil:

Two commits

Duck

rock misses target

An Analog.
Well I will be the 2004 datasheet still lists the TO220.
Well they were going to ditch that part in the TO220 package.
Cool!

I was wrong.

I have several thousand DN2540NS (TO-220) that I'd sell if any one wants to buy them. $1.25 each in 25 quanity (min), down to $1 each in 100 quanity... plus shipping.

I use to use them as the low element in MOSFET/Tube cascode. I also used them as CS for a zener string in a high voltage reg with a slow ramp up turn-on. I don't use them anymore, so they are for sale.

Cheers

I think I should buy a couple off you because I am just ready to get creative with them.

Latest posts

Back