Off topic post that nobody will care about

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KISS...  Half barrel is something like 160# full so digital bathroom scale with remote display could work.  +1 to PRR's suggestion.

It would be hip if you could tare out the empty keg weight (around 30#).

JR

PRR said:
That $80 shipping scale will tare.

PRR, you inspired me. Google shows that they make scales specifically for kegs. Inventory control for bars, to keep an eye on bartenders being too generous with freebees, or drinking on the job.

https://alcoholcontrols.com/noname.html

Details are sketchy with most web purchase specs, but if it will hold a tare forever, that'd be great.

Presumably I'll be able to extend the cable length for the readout so that it reaches inside the house.

Thanks to all,

Gene

I'm not clear what the $230 keg-scale does that the $80 shipping scale won't.

That's $150 saved toward more beer.

PRR said:
I'm not clear what the $230 keg-scale does that the $80 shipping scale won't.

That's $150 saved toward more beer.

Presumably, the one meant for kegs is much more rugged, and can take kegs being slammed down on it.

The fu-fu bathroom one wouldn't have near as robust innards, expecting people to simply step on them.

Or, you may be right, and they're the same damn thing.

More investigation is needed.

Gene

The $80 "shipping scale" is rated to 661 pounds, which is a lot of beer, 79 gallons minus tare.

Commercial shipping can be a slam-bang game. You know no $9/hr worker will set-down 600 pounds gently.

"...suitable for post office, food industry, electronics, mines, medical industry and agriculture. Also good for weighing dog, cat, or any other animal."

Mines?? "Six-teen tons and whadaya get?..."

And I am so glad it is animal-agnostic, it won't refuse to weigh my bear. (Unlike some places, we grow them small in Maine.) (And we do weigh them-- the paper just ran a picture of our new Governor holding a couple of tiny cubs to be weighed, while the real rangers wrassled a drugged Momma into a sling-scale.)

Has 100 tare settings, in case your various brands use different kegs.

PRR said:
The $80 "shipping scale" is rated to 661 pounds, which is a lot of beer, 79 gallons minus tare.

Commercial shipping can be a slam-bang game. You know no $9/hr worker will set-down 600 pounds gently.

"...suitable for post office, food industry, electronics, mines, medical industry and agriculture. Also good for weighing dog, cat, or any other animal."

Mines?? "Six-teen tons and whadaya get?..."

And I am so glad it is animal-agnostic, it won't refuse to weigh my bear. (Unlike some places, we grow them small in Maine.) (And we do weigh them-- the paper just ran a picture of our new Governor holding a couple of tiny cubs to be weighed, while the real rangers wrassled a drugged Momma into a sling-scale.)

Has 100 tare settings, in case your various brands use different kegs.
saving the tare (into robust memory) is useful in case of a power interruption, but I suspect you can remember what an empty keg weighs. Wouldn't want it to try to auto-zero every time power blinks off...

JR

Latest posts

Back