Neutrik D-series latching tool

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

The Neutrik D-series XLR connectors are of a two part construction. - a  metal body and a slide in plastic inner. Once the two parts are put together you need a  long very skinny screwdriver to slip into a hole in the plastic part so you can turn al ever that locks the two parts together.  All my  long skinny screwdrivers with a fat enough handle to gibe enough torque to turn the lever are too large in diameter to fit into the hole. I have a jeweller's screwdriver that fits but its body diameter is so small I cannot get enough purchase to turn the rather stiff lever. At present I am reduced using a pair of pliers to turn it.

So the question is, what screwdriver or other tool do you use for this job?

Cheers

Ian

I use Neutrik D series XLR’s. I’ve never thought I needed to take one apart. Why would you want to remove the plastic insert?

Ah,  there you go.

What sized flat blade are you using Ian?  If a 00 will work you could try PB Swiss Tools. They have a 00 with a 125mm blade and full sized handle.

Be careful though. If you like fine hand tools you may find yourself ordering the whole catalog.

Those screws are hard to remove. If there's any side-loading on the insert they really don't want to come out. I just use a fairly wide jewellers screwdriver and tighten the screw a little before undoing it. I think they need a 90 degree turn to release

Nick Froome

Latest posts

Back