thinner diffuser article

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks that it is efficient in a very narrow frequency range. I would like to see a chart of absorption in whole audio spectrum.  I'm not optimistic.
Gus said:
Has this been done before?
Maybe.
http://www.lydogakustikk.no/schroeder-diffuser-using-a-metasurface-new-idea/?lang=nb

moamps

Thank you for the link.
I often wonder if papers about "new" discoveries that people publish might have been done before .

Gus said:
moamps

Thank you for the link.
I often wonder if papers about "new" discoveries that people publish might have been done before .
The ancients are constantly stealing our new ideas.

The other question is does it really work as claimed for general applications.

JR

Gus said:
Would the exposed flat surface area over the different chamber inlet openings be more reflective than the older design because of more surface area?
I would say, to me, it's not a Schroeder, it's a scattered Helmoltz. Schroeder is based on closed-pipe resonance that depends only on length. Helmoltz is based on a mass of air resonating against the compliance of a volume.
One of the possible drawbacks is that the wave-speed in the aperture reaches the turbulence speed, where the resonator is so damped it doesn't do anything good. That would limit the range of useful SPL.

Latest posts

Back