Scott Walker RIP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

One of my favourite singers, Scott Walker has died aged 76.
He had a string of hits in the UK as part of the Walker brothers and his deep rich voice was so very distinctive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZTS9H-l5qQ

Very sad day

DaveP

That recording of the Walker Bros 'Angel of Ashes' is the most lush sounding thing I ever heard ... the vocal performance is just incredible and the arrangement ...  wow  ..  rich in texture as well as quite  minimalist ..  everything is exactly right, neither too overt nor too subtle.

What a great singer and recording artist!

RIP Scott W

I was honored when John Walker asked me to be his MD for what turned out to be his last concert in 2011.
Even two months before his passing, he had a striking stage presence and love for music.
Unfortunately, The Walker Bros were not as well known in the US, but it's great that Scott went on to continue breaking new ground, and garnered so much admiration for his work.

BTW...John was very proud that he was the guy who gave Jeff Beck his sculpted Fender Esquire, but, of course, Jeff gets credit for the sculpting that John did to ease the edge of the guitar hitting his ribs. 

When you meet these people, you realize sometimes how influential they were at a time when the biz was much smaller.
Godspeed to them all.

Latest posts

Back