Lauten LA320 modding?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karloff70

GDIY Supporter
Hey chaps and ladies....

I got myself one of these, as it seems they might be a great thing to bastardise a little. Swapped tube to a nice Valvo and already much better, next is the capsule, and then maybe some component juggling/replacing.......but does anyone have a schematic for this thing? Can't find one anywhere at the moment.

Is it that complicated to "lift" / decipher? Maybe attach some photos of the internals, at least?

It probably isn't 'that complicated' to lift for someone that generally understands a tube mic better than me. lol. I am also about to go away, but will gladly upload pics when I get back.

Tubes usually have datasheets with the pinouts ;)

Other than that, 4-5 resistors and the same amount of capacitors.

Sure, it might take you half an hour to an hour, but it's surely no big deal :p
Nothing wrong with having to re-draw the resulting schematic once or twice, to "untangle" it, but it's far from complicated.

And on the other hand, even if you did already have the schematic, you'd still need to identify which component is which, so... ;D

A lot of Chinese microphones use the 12AX7 (ECC83), but I never obtained good results with this tube.
Tried many tubes, but usually they were too noisy to use at microphone level.
They would probably perform very well in a guitar amplifier, but it would never be my first choice to use them in a microphone.

This seems to be yet another reincarnation of Apex 460. If true, there is a number of mods that can be done. You can compare schematic of Aprx to your mic internals.

Well, I don't see a schematic in that link, Gus, so not sure what you are saying.....

The thing is actually very quiet for a tube mic RuudNL, and that is with any of the 12ax7's I have here, so apart for any other reasons not to run a 12ax7 in a mic that is not the problem here.

And yes Khron, what is no big deal to you is a slightly bigger one to me, but hey ho. I'll get to it after receiving and swapping the capsule first.

Latest posts

Back