Power supply for v376?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need +24V if I'm not mistaken. So any quality 24V supply should work. There are endless options...
Fivefish Studio, [silent:arts], JLM Audio for DIY kits.
Or get one of the vintage german power supplies like Siemens N224, TAB N324.
Even some switch mode supplies should be good enough.

Do you want to put the PSU inside the rack? Do you want to only power one V376 or more 24V modules?

The V373 needs 24V 100mA but you may want to add a phantom power and need 48V too.
Stay away from switch mode supplies if you don't like surprises.

[silent:arts] said:
Stay away from switch mode supplies if you don't like surprises.
Really, thought they got quite acceptable by now... Doesn't the v376 also has some power rail filters inside?
But yeah, a good linear PSU is probably the better option.

While not all switch mode PSUs are bad many are, and the minority is good without additional filtering.
Fucking up a linear PSU is more complicated.
And no, the modules from that time don’t have seitch mode filters, since switch mode PSUs haven‘t been used.

Hi,  thanks for the help!  Yes I want this to be a portable single channel.  As small as possible!  Im attracted to this unit because it looks tiny and my hope would be to just make a chassis the size of the unit (half rack?)  and maybe extend it longer for the power supply and xlr connectors.  anyone done something like this?  Thanks!

Maybe an old ammunition box would be cool. I think there would be enough space for the module and power supply.
Or build a wooden box for it and maybe add a aluminium frontplate with the same size as the preamp frontplate. There you can add switches for phantom, pad and phase reverse.

Latest posts

Back