More laughingly overpriced cables

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stuff like this really rubs me....

like the $25000 taco

The taco is filled with Kobe beef, caviar, black truffle brie cheese, and wrapped in a gold-flake-infused tortilla and topped with more gold flakes

I quit laughing  some time ago unfortunately....// or not....

I wonder how such companies stay in business. Do they actually sell anything?

warpie said:

You just need two or three idiot buyer per year at this price....

At some point I don't get how this is legal... crook business.

Best
Zam

Rob Flinn said:
https://www.masterbuiltaudio.com/ultra-line-audio-cables?fbclid=IwAR2UshXWWZ5EoxGaXtWMmBHJatDiz9eQj70EyECgb_82pRFg5kJuXkjhQEs

Would you pay $12,000 for a usb cable ??

For my taste, the marketing lyrics on the website is not particularly convincing. I think I buy my USB cable somewhere else.  ;D

warpie said:
H.L. Mencken is credited with the famous quote “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

While not a great business plan IMO.

JR

They didn’t even try to use actual science to bolster their hype. At least they could use solid silver wire rolled on the thighs of virgins during the full moon,

I mean geez, I feel ripped. That hyperbole wasn’t as entertaining as it could have been.

Phrazemaster said:
They didn’t even try to use actual science to bolster their hype. At least they could use solid silver wire rolled on the thighs of virgins during the full moon,

I mean geez, I feel ripped. That hyperbole wasn’t as entertaining as it could have been.

+1

True, their sales bla bla is way too realistic, no "Quantum Physics", no connectors "forged out of meteorites" just lame "developed by aerospace engineers". Thats boring, guys! You can do better...

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/tellurium-q-statement-cable-system/?utm_source=Default+Hi-Fi++List&utm_campaign=db0db0c6bb-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_09_19_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ff6dfd0295-db0db0c6bb-163392257&fbclid=IwAR228vh9jQ56LQ5ITbsLTmpVgx7mRjLYjBDnxp80Nm1FfBeuLO-BCaC4m98

Love this review.

Gustav

JohnRoberts said:
I once used gold plated RCA connectors for a phono preamp kit, because I expected my customers would think they sounded better.  ;D As I recall they weren't very expensive but neither was gold back then.

JR

but even a gold plated neutrik is not 21 dollars. if I need that, I'll get a neutrik for around 5 dollars...

Gustav said:
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/tellurium-q-statement-cable-system/?utm_source=Default+Hi-Fi++List&utm_campaign=db0db0c6bb-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_09_19_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ff6dfd0295-db0db0c6bb-163392257&fbclid=IwAR228vh9jQ56LQ5ITbsLTmpVgx7mRjLYjBDnxp80Nm1FfBeuLO-BCaC4m98

Love this review.

Gustav

Thats what I am talking about. Tellurium Q! Now I am close to spend my money just for this inventivness. 5000$ for the stereo meter, thats the real stuff.  ;D What a find! This review is 100% pure audiophool nonsense lyric for my collection. Top quality, 9/10 points. Love it, thanks a lot!

I wonder how many "terrible" quality cables an average recording goes through in a recording studio on average...  ;D

iampoor1 said:
I wonder how many "terrible" quality cables an average recording goes through in a recording studio on average...  ;D
;D
I recall back in the 70s audiophools claiming they could hear the difference between a switch in the audio path or not.  :eek:

I guess if you have a bad switch.

JR

rock soderstrom said:
Thats what I am talking about. Tellurium Q! Now I am close to spend my money just for this inventivness. 5000$ for the stereo meter, thats the real stuff.  ;D What a find! This review is 100% pure audiophool nonsense lyric for my collection. Top quality, 9/10 points. Love it, thanks a lot!

The best thing about this review is the self-examinatory part of it...

"It’s not hard to be cynical about cables: after all, how hard can it be to solder some plugs onto piece of twin-core wire and build a speaker cable?"

That then goes into

"you need bloody good cables, as you want as much of the signal as possible to get from the source to the speakers in any situation"

Gustav

rock soderstrom said:

lol!

I also started reading the initial USB cable blurb and thought what is this, only High Density Thermoplastic Elastomer with Polyester braided sleeve. That describes a sports sock.

But at least its got α (Alpha) Pure Copper Rhodium plated conductor, with Nano Crystal housing and Earth (ground) jumper system.

Looks like crystals are on the menu which means they must be good.

Kingston said:
lol!

I also started reading the initial USB cable blurb and thought what is this, only High Density Thermoplastic Elastomer with Polyester braided sleeve. That describes a sports sock.

But at least its got α (Alpha) Pure Copper Rhodium plated conductor, with Nano Crystal housing and Earth (ground) jumper system.

Looks like crystals are on the menu which means they must be good.

;D audiophool gibberish is my favorite morning reading

Back