NEVE 1057 Questions need some Help .

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la-2a

Hi, I am going to rack  pair NEVE 1057 Modules which came without the Input transformers. I guess to use this Modules as Micpreamps  with 48V Phantom I will need  external input transformers for MIC inputs . I opened the Modules and there is just the Output Transformer inside  the Module....

What  would you  guys suggest to do.  Can somebody  help me out  with the Pinout for these modules. The scans in the Library give not much information about the correct numbers due the bad quality.

Thank you in advice..

mjrippe said:
The notes that I have for the 1057 say "input xfr = 7524 octal".  Gardner made octal plug-in transformers for the blackface Neve modules.

Most of those older Neve's (or at least the ones I have played with) have a row of Gardners transformers (10k:10k) for line duties under the console & some a row of round can 10468 for the mic inputs,  You will find it extemely difficult getting hold of the round can marinairs & if you find them expect to pay a fortune.

The Gardners 7524 is 150/600:600.  The 150/600 bit depends on whether you wire the rpimary in series or parallel.

Thank you guys. So  the Gardens 7524 are the ones I should go for the Mic inputs. There are schemos also saying 7529 . There is also the 7564 in some units.

For the LINE inputs I will need a separate Trannie got to look for some 10K:600ohm.
@myrippe can you send me the pinout for the Edge connector.  I am a bit confused about the letters and numbers. Is this correct : A,B,C,D,E,F,H,J,K,L,M,N,P,R,S, = 1TO 15.

thanks

Hi,  I only got the 1057 work when I bridged pin 7 and 8  (  J, H ). There is no information about that on the Net and in the schematics I could not  find it..Is someone here who can give me the correct connection assignment and the best way to regulate the output .

Thanks in advance.

Looks like there was six different input tx options according to the 1058 info sheet
7,5/30 ohm
50/200 ohm
75/300 ohm
150/600 ohm
300/1200 ohm
2,5k/10k ohm

Latest posts

Back