Peavey Series 300 Bass Amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful to have the high level if understanding at this place, thanks again PRR!

that L1 output inductor lead was broken, never seen that before, i bet the amp went into RF mode due to the older rev input circuit without the filter and that the RF melted the wire, i bet the poor speakers took a hit also,

i might have the guy bring this back to mod that front end,

the amp went into sq wave output with about 800 mv input voltage at the diff pair, which happened at half volume and a 50 mv bass signal, so a pad might also be a good idea.

thanks again.  :D

now we are working on the Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 which is a nice sounding amp,  do not know how many units Peavey has sold but it has to be up there considering there sq footage of factory space,

CJ said:
now we are working on the Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 which is a nice sounding amp,  do not know how many units Peavey has sold but it has to be up there considering there sq footage of factory space,
Plant 3 the building where those were built back in the day is a 1/4 mile long...  Receiving was on the far end, and shipping the near end.

These days it's pretty much a ghost town , last I heard some Media Matrix test and setup in there, but I have been way out of that loop for a very long time.

I recall when Pres Bush (#41) visited plant 3 and the secret service put snipers up on the roof.  I had an office in plant 3 in the mid-late 80s.  We had security guards normally, but they took it up a notch for that visit. Somebody had the brilliant idea to have everybody wear identical T shirts welcoming President Bush. The secret service nixed that idea because they didn't want to try to identify threats with thousands of people wearing the exact same T shirt.  :eek:

JR

Latest posts

Back