trident TSM eq edge connector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not 100 percent certain about the TSM , but the A Range used McMurdo Red Range connectors. I believe there is an another manufacturers equivalent as well but I cannot remember which one.

I hope that is of some help.
Jeff

I service 2 X a-range consoles here in L.A. I know the mcmurdo.  The TSM eq section is a 24 pin edge connector. I assume a 24 pin(48 total as it is 2 rows) edac edge connector will do.  But I wanted to confirm the spacing of the pins so I can get the correct one.

QUEEF BAG said:
dunno about the connector, but would sure love to find replacements for the faders...

I much rather just have pots with a center detent. perhaps that can turn into a DIY project down the road. the tsm eq with pots instead of faders.

pucho812 said:
I service 2 X a-range consoles here in L.A. I know the mcmurdo.  The TSM eq section is a 24 pin edge connector. I assume a 24 pin(48 total as it is 2 rows) edac edge connector will do.  But I wanted to confirm the spacing of the pins so I can get the correct one.

When in doubt, breakout the calipers/rulers.  Common center spacings were 0.156", 0.150", 0.125" and 0.100".

I'll typically measure the total spacing for 10 contacts, then divide by 10 to get the individual spacings.

Bri

Brian Roth said:
When in doubt, breakout the calipers/rulers.  Common center spacings were 0.156", 0.150", 0.125" and 0.100".

I'll typically measure the total spacing for 10 contacts, then divide by 10 to get the individual spacings.

Bri

I did, but I’d worth asking here as I am sure one of us took this trip before

pucho812 said:
I did, but I’d worth asking here as I am sure one of us took this trip before

Maybe post the results for the next person who takes this trip?  There was someone asking about Fleximix connector spacing here recently and I bet it is the same.

ok I got  edac part number 345-072-500-202

it's 2 rows of 36 pins.  it fits the edge cut out on the eq PCB and pins line up to work. it may not be the exact same as in a desk frame, but the manual  I have does not list them or discuss that.  this will be in a rack mount so no worries there...  8)

Resurrecting this post for those looking. The pitch on the TSM EQ is 3.81mm, not the typical 3.96mm. The closest fit I've found is the EDAC 379 Series. 379-052-521-202 is two rows of 26 pins. The only drawback is they don't have solder eyelets, just PC pins. I will probably drive a screw through last two unused pins to ensure proper alignment/orientation.

Latest posts

Back