Recommendations for single ended 24V headphone amp PCB/schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, everyone,

I'm working on a small mixer prototype to be used in conjunction with live in ear monitoring systems and the next revision I do needs to have a headphone amp. Right now the unit runs off of single ended +24V rail so to make things easier I would like the headphone amp to do the same or require less voltage. I have seen some Chinese made boards for sale on eBay and other Alibaba type sites, but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone had a recommendation or were selling a board themselves that would fit within the required parameters.

Thanks!

Paul

Found these in the meantime to get me going:

http://electronics-diy.com/product_details.php?pid=760&name=Audiophile%20Headphone%20Amplifier%20Kit

I think Ian Thompson recommended these guys a while back for some of the handy DIY testing circuits they offer.

Thanks!

Paul

My apologies, Ian. I was pretty certain you had mentioned these guys regarding their test DIY stuff. Now I need to find that post and solve this mystery.

I do use a number of Joe's products and have had the pleasure of meeting him when I was in Brisbane years back and did consider his headphone amp, but I was wanting a circuit that was single ended to more easily work with the PSU being used.

Thanks!

Paul

The one you originally linked to uses a regular dual rail op amp but is also uses a rail splitter chip so it can work off a single rail. Maybe you could use that with the JLM?

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
The one you originally linked to uses a regular dual rail op amp but is also uses a rail splitter chip so it can work off a single rail. Maybe you could use that with the JLM?

Cheers

Ian

Looking at the JLM documentation it appears that the board has a fcaility to add zeners to split the supply anyway.  It also seems to run on as low as + &- 12v.  Therefore relatively easy to run off a single ended 24v supply.

I bet the datasheet suggested TDA2030 single supply circuit will work fine for driving headphones, any impedance, and will be *happy* with a single +24V supply rail.

Back