Soundtoys -Decapitator

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott2000

On sale now.....

https://www.soundtoys.com/product/decapitator/?utm_source=Master+List&utm_campaign=103af4ef36-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_03_21_07_27_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bbd3e23605-103af4ef36-81634821&mc_cid=103af4ef36&mc_eid=6aec20eef7

Anyone here using it? Like it???

.... I've been going a bit overboard on my projects  but hopefully will be able to catch a deal if I can't get this one in time... I need to demo it...... maybe this week...

That "trick" is neat for sure but nothing that can't be done with  effects and gain staging ......I'd guess...
the FreeG is a cool gain plug..

but the convenience and Decapitator's  character are cool for sure.....really worked in that scenario

Thanks!

scott2000 said:
That "trick" is neat for sure but nothing that can't be done with  effects and gain staging ......

Different characters.

Decapitator has some specific character that can change a bit inside the plugin.

gain stating and saturation in other plugins or outboard gear will give loads of diferent saturation type characteristics.

All a bit different , all usefull

You also might consider waiting for a good sale and getting everything. The whole bundle is one of the best for fx.  Echo boy is a classic.

Decapitator is killin, so are the rest of the sound toys plugs...  one of my fav things to do is to use it for the tone control and eq without driving it very much at all....  or put it after a reverb return for some subtle color that will also change how the reverb blends with the rest of the mix. 

It can sound cool slamming it and blending it in with the wet/dry control,  but for whatever reason I usually end up using it 100% wet and don’t push it too hard.

I had $90 in Guitar Center Rewards getting ready to expire. While I’d rather get the whole bundle, I’d rather not spend any money  ;D

So I got  Decapacitator and Crystallizer for $8 out the door. It will be fun to play with and thx for recommendations.

Phrazemaster said:
I had $90 in Guitar Center Rewards getting ready to expire. While I’d rather get the whole bundle, I’d rather not spend any money  ;D

So I got  Decapacitator and Crystallizer for $8 out the door. It will be fun to play with and thx for recommendations.

Nice. have fun with them

Devil Loc is also great

Whoops said:
Devil Loc is also great

Devil Loc is indeed great - I use it on drum / percussion room mics a great deal, and it makes a surprisingly good parallel comp for all sorts of sources for adding a bit of energy and body. Love it! That, Echoboy and Decapitator are three of my go-tos.

Looks like a $49 voucher available for this until end of today.....

Anyone using it?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/black_box_analog_design_hg-2.html?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Black+Box+HG-2+%E2%9A%A1%EF%B8%8F+Weekend+Warrior&utm_campaign=210110+-+Black+Box+HG-2+-+48H+Weekend+Warrior&vgo_ee=8mE371JkiAjbqkdHcHAxNL35hO7C%2FF3J%2FgQB9Uu3XAY%3D

Never used that one,
although I use Brainworx plugins a lot specially for mastering and I think they're excellent.

In case this is useful info...
bx_digital EQ is my favourite mastering parametric equalizer, the M/S feature is great and also the A Listen.
bx_dynEQ is also a really good Dynamic Eq or De-Esser

I use both regularly and have them in my "desert island" list of mastering plugins

Thanks Whoops....

I was oot and really didn't feel comfortable listening on my phone and reading various reviews to commit. A good deal it seemed and BX is highly regarded for sure though....

Pretty neat how they have that subscription thing too...

Back