Tascam MS-16 amp mod...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew707

Hi everyone,

I have an MS-16 just sitting around. I was going to sell it, but decided not to. Anyway, I'm not using it for recording, but I don't want it to just sit, so I've decided to restore it to "better than new (hopefully)" by having the heads checked and redone if needed and performing some mods to it. I figure I have nothing to lose, since I could probably sell it as a parts machine for the same price I was going to sell it as working.

When Tascam had online forums, there was a post in the analog section detailing what is needed to modify the op-amps and bias cap on the channel amps. Unfortunately, I can't find that forum anymore and I didn't save the info. I'm trying to track the info down, but I don't know how well that is going to work out.

Anyway, I figured this would be a good place to find some folks who might know something about this, maybe even be familiar with the mod I'm talking about from that post.

So, with that in mind, would anyone have any ideas, suggestions, directions to take, etc...?

Latest posts

Back