Baxandall article , Mic amps and transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Just discovered this online , taken from 'Microphone Engineering Handbook'

http://leonaudio.com.au/microphone.engineering.handbook..chapter.8.pdf

said I might as well post it here too just in case anyone missed it in the other topic in 'Microphones'.

Yeah I went to great lenghts to get a copy of the book , had a friend borrow it from the university library and got a copy made and bound,  cost 20 euro's  ,but I see an original print is fetching mad money online nowadays.
I wish I had access to the Boole library here ,they have a huge collection of hard to find titles . I can search away at the book list and drool , but I have to pull strings to get stuff out  :D

Same experience here, been on the hunt for the book for some time, crazy prices... :eek:

One of the best articles around imo, very good readability for non-engineers, made me understand the relations of noise-V and noise-I and a lot of other stuff I couldn´t get a grip on before. Posted it just a couple of days ago (in the lab?)
:)

Yeah I posted a link to the Bax chapter  in the 'microphones' a few days back along with another chapter on RF microphones  I scanned in .  Theres a list of the contents of the book in the Bax article , if theres any other chapters people would like to see just let me know and I can scan it in .

Thanks for the post! 8)

Cool little 3 PNP germanium "microphone amplifier" layout on p.22, “BBC type C” circa 1963../late 50s.  Never heard this one but I have some of those exact transistors.    With such a low ratio transformer, is this an impedance matching line amp for after the  preamplifer?

Anyone heard it?

Latest posts

Back