the Trunk, fun with tubes idea #....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

O.k. I have been looking at a pice of kit called the trunk.  Hybrid design(tube and discrete oamps) and it is a monitor controller. It has a stereo bus input and output, input select(stereo bus or external sources including phonograph), monitor speaker select( 3 choices with separate sub control), monitor volume control,  VU meters and a talk back function.  I was thinking of building something similar but have it be an all tube design.  I would assume that their stereo bus is nothing more then a  tube line amp. I can't see it doing much else with just L&R  I/0.  I also assume they have use the discrete pampas for talkback, and for the phono rica curve needed for the phono preamp in it.  So tube line amp for the stereo buss From there  I could see doing a passive  speaker select and volume control. I don't need the talk back.  I could also see maybe passively selecting the input to such a box.  I can see vu's being useful or perhaps just connectivity to add any meter a person chooses such as a dorrough or something.  Maybe relays and having inserts. hmmmmm.

Latest posts

Back