Audiophoolery

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrazemaster

I thought it might be fun to post examples of entertaining audio phoolery products.

I’ll go first:

https://www.tweekgeek.com/bybee-internal-quantum-signal-enhancer/

As far as I can tell it’s a piece of wood.

Of note:
“"The benefits of iQSE blocs are vastly enhanced bass, especially at the leading edge attack.  Better definition of instruments and the space around them.  Enhanced location cues, expanding apparent listening space, added depth behind the speakers and sonic images extending laterally beside the speakers.  I perceive the music floating more independently of the speakers, yet at the same time better grounded.  Acceleration of bass attack is noticeable enough to change the pacing, in my system.”

And...

“Surprisingly images on TV from cable box and DVD player, excluded from my AC power conditioner, benefited greatly though I seldom note or  greatly value those kinds of improvements.  Color saturation increased dramatically and the details of cosmetics on brightly lit TV faces.”

I dont get it ,why would anyone  wreck the hermetic seal on a cap ,and replace with wood n wax ? I guess he doesnt try to make any outlandish claims about the performance which must be degraded .

Phrazemaster said:
As far as I can tell it’s a piece of wood.

Read a little further - if you can keep your lunch down that long - and it says there are crystals inside the wood that will never wear out!  I'm sure if you ran one over a table saw and didn't see any crystals they would tell you that they are nanocrystals too small for the eye to see  ::)

Like patent medicines, many of these products probably do more harm than good. 

mjrippe said:
Read a little further - if you can keep your lunch down that long - and it says there are crystals inside the wood that will never wear out!  I'm sure if you ran one over a table saw and didn't see any crystals they would tell you that they are nanocrystals too small for the eye to see  ::)

Like patent medicines, many of these products probably do more harm than good.
Jab at the medical pharmaceutical complex - I hear you!

The crazy thing is - people really do believe in these products!

I think everyone as part of basic education in audio should go through blind listening tests - and learn about the psychoacoustic effect - it’s a real thing.

If the purveyors if this junk don’t know any better it’s understandable, but I bet most do.

Makes you want to rhodium plate your DIY mic body and sell it for 10x it’s worth, because everyone knows the rhodium plating spin aligns anti-electrons to help form a more cohesive sound stage and create more “presence.”

I long for the olden days of the Denon AK-DL1. Just an honest 5-foot Ethernet cable at the honestly outrageous price of $499.

tony hunt said:
Truly wonderful.
Truly gone into the forest..............says what it is.
Quote  "audio with realistic timbre" get it !
Truely brilliant marketingscam , for the  audio feckwits, who hand over cash to these scammers.
Clever stuff.......they are truly deserving of their tomfoolery, as is the idiot that belives them.
Almost worthy of politician status.

s2udio said:
Truly gone into the forest..............says what it is.
Quote  "audio with realistic timbre" get it !
Truely brilliant marketingscam , for the  audio feckwits, who hand over cash to these scammers.
Clever stuff.......they are truly deserving of their tomfoolery, as is the idiot that belives them.
Almost worthy of politician status.
Feckwits! Good one!

Phrazemaster said:
Sounds like a steal!
You won't believe (!) just how good it is. Fortunately,  the co.uk sites still has all the reviews:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Discontinued-Manufacturer-Blue/dp/B000I1X6PM

benb said:
You won't believe (!) just how good it is. Fortunately,  the co.uk sites still has all the reviews:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Discontinued-Manufacturer-Blue/dp/B000I1X6PM
This is a case where the user reviews are better than the product description! Good one thx!!

Tell me these things are elaborate money laundering schemes or coded sales.  Like selling a tobacco pipe for $420.00  ;)

After a mere three generations, squirrels have been found to have an increased awareness of the dangers of car tires.

The oral tradition of our ancestors paved the way for reading and writing, but it has an Achilles' heel: we're hardwired to gauge even the most fantastic of stories to be ever so slightly true, as a result of the story having the legs to make it to our campfires.
However, we would never admit this.

I'll avoid reviewing the iQSE's except to say they may sound good over a Latin rhythm (claves).  :p

Latest posts

Back